Kentucky Ag News
Vol. 7 No. 21 • November 19, 2014
Kentucky Proud was a hit in Kentucky’s two largest cities in its early days but was largely unknown anywhere else in the state. That’s no longer the case, a recent University of Kentucky survey shows.
“Kentucky Agriculture: Growing the Next Generation of Farmers” is the theme of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s 2015 Poster and Essay Contest.
Dozens of Kentucky family farms and small businesses will benefit from a historic partnership between Kentucky Proud and Kroger, Agriculture Commissioner James Comer announced Nov. 6 and 7.
Watch video of the announcement.
Kerry Winstead and Brian Hornback are among several western Kentucky farmers who are growing premium popcorn under the Kentucky Proud Popcorn label that will be sold in 88 Kroger supermarkets throughout Kentucky.
A coma couldn’t stop Catrina Hill from starting her Kentucky Proud business.
Three years after starting their Appalachia Proud soap business in their home, Amy Henson and Wes McFadden have a herd of 30 goats that produced enough milk for Amy to fill her first big retail order.
The Kentucky Center for Agriculture and Rural Development will partner with Kentucky Farm Bureau and the Kentucky Department of Agriculture to host an agritourism workshop Dec. 15 at Nolin RECC Building in Elizabethtown.
An early blast of arctic cold has landed in the Bluegrass, and that puts pressure on farmers to make sure their animals are ready for the assault.
The opportunity to choose between the new 2014 Farm Bill established programs, Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC) and Price Loss Coverage (PLC) continues through March 31, 2015.
The Farm Service Agency reminds farmers that the FSA borrowing limit for microloans has increased from $35,000 to $50,000. Microloans offer borrowers simplified lending with less paperwork.
- North American International Livestock Exposition
- KSU Third Thursday Thing
- Managing Beef Cattle in Confinement Conference
- Kentucky Farm Bureau 95th Annual Meeting
- Community Farm Alliance Annual Meeting
- UK Precision Dairy Showcase
- UK Early Bird Meetings
- Kentucky Agritourism Workshop
- Kentucky No-Till and Cover Crop Soil Health Forum
- Kentucky Fruit and Vegetable Conference
- Kentucky Cattlemen's Association Convention and Tradeshow
- Kentucky Pork Producers Annual Meeting
- Council for Burley Tobacco Annual Conference
- Kentucky Commodity Conference
- UK Equine Showcase and 6th Annual Breeders Short Course
Kentucky Farm Fact
Kroger has added 125 Kentucky Proud products from 34 vendors to its roster of Kentucky Proud products in 88 stores throughout the Commonwealth. Go to www.kyproud.com/kroger/ to find out more.