Kentucky Ag News
American Dairy Association of Kentucky plans district meetings
Special to Kentucky Agricultural News
ATLANTA - The American Dairy Association of Kentucky (ADA of KY) will be hosting its upcoming fall district meetings around the state during the months of October and November.
The ADA of KY was established to oversee Kentucky dairy check-off dollars, which work through primary schools and colleges, as well as with consumers in other program areas to increase fluid milk and dairy consumption across the state.
“The ADA of Kentucky is excited to host our fall board meetings and let our dairy farmers know what we are doing to move more milk. We have some great things going on in the dairy promotion industry, such as new partnerships with yogurt companies and substantial gains in the number of summertime school meals served in Kentucky, that we look forward to sharing,” said ADA of Kentucky president and Adair County dairy farmer Billy Rowe.
Kentucky’s 12 districts will each hold meetings featuring dinner, which will be accompanied by a dairy promotion report as well as board member elections in select districts. Information on each district’s meeting can be found below:
- Where: Patti’s Restaurant in Grand Rivers
- When: Friday, November 2 at 7 p.m.
- Counties: Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Fulton, Graves, Henderson, Hickman, Hopkins, Livingston, Lyon, Marshall, McCracken, Muhlenberg, Todd, Trigg, Union and Webster
District 2, 3 & 7
- Where: Cave City Convention Center
- When: Tuesday, November 17 at 7 p.m.
- Counties: Breckinridge, Bullitt, Daviess, Edmonson, Grayson, Hancock, Hardin, Hart, Jefferson, LaRue, McLean, Meade, Ohio, Allen, Barren, Butler, Logan, Simpson, Warren, Cumberland, Metcalfe and Monroe
- Where: Claudia Sanders Restaurant in Shelbyville
- When: Thursday, October 29 at 7 p.m.
- Counties: Anderson, Boone, Campbell, Carroll, Franklin, Gallatin, Grant, Henry, Kenton, Oldham, Owen, Scott, Shelby and Trimble
- Where: Taylor County Extension Office in Campbellsville
- When: Tuesday, November 3 at 7 p.m.
- Counties: Casey, Green and Taylor
- Where: Marion County Extension Office in Lebanon
- When: Monday, November 5 at 7 p.m.
- Counties: Boyle, Fayette, Garrard, Jessamine, Madison, Marion, Mercer, Nelson, Spencer, Washington and Woodford
- Where: Lindsey Wilson College Cranmer Dining Center in Columbia
- When: Monday, November 9 at 7 p.m.
- Counties: Adair and Russell
- Where: Laurel County Extension Office in London
- When: Friday, November 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- Counties: Bell, Breathitt, Clay, Clinton, Estill, Floyd, Harlan, Jackson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lincoln, Magoffin, McCreary, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Powell, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Wayne, Whitley and Wolfe
Districts 10 & 11
- Where: Blue Licks State Park in Carlisle
- When: Friday, October 30 at 7:30 p.m.
- Counties: Bath, Bourbon, Boyd, Bracken, Carter, Clark, Elliott, Fleming, Greenup, Harrison, Johnson, Lawrence, Lewis, Martin, Mason, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Nicholas, Pendleton, Robertson and Rowan
Dairy farmers interested in attending should RSVP to Jeanne Billa at 1-800-928-6455 at least a week prior to each meeting.