Kentucky Ag News
KCA offers scholarships to study agriculture
Special to Kentucky Agricultural News
LEXINGTON, Ky. — Five $1,000 scholarships are available for Kentucky high school seniors through the Kentucky Cattlemen's Association (KCA).
Applications for the Kentucky Cattlemen's Foundation Youth Scholarships must be submitted to the KCA office in Lexington by March 31.
To qualify for the scholarships, applicants must be:
- a graduate from a Kentucky high school in the year of application,
- accepted for enrollment in a Kentucky college or other institution of higher education,
- planning to major in agriculture or an agriculture-related subject,
- a member of the KCA or have a parent or guardian that is a member, and
- be available to attend the awards presentation on opening day of the Kentucky State Fair in August.
Applicants must complete an application, which can be downloaded at http://www.kycattle.org/youthscholarship.html. They must submit it, along with an official high school transcript and a letter of recommendation from a University of Kentucky extension agent or agriculture education teacher/FFA advisor, to:
Kentucky Cattlemen’s Foundation
176 Pasadena Drive
Lexington, KY 40503
For more information, contact Nikki Whitaker at the KCA office at (859) 278-0899.