Kentucky Ag News
Vol. 8 No. 22 • December 1, 2015
Ed Puterbaugh cut the ribbon to officially open his Kentucky Proud Store Nov. 30 with help from the Kentucky Department of Agriculture's Roger Snell. See more photos from the grand opening on the KDA's Facebook page.
More than 1,500 Kentucky Farm Bureau (KFB) members from across the state will gather for the organization’s 96th annual meeting December 2-5 at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville.
Kentucky Agricultural Development Fund investments from 2007 through 2014 have positively and significantly impacted agriculture and agribusiness in Kentucky according to a report released Nov. 20.
The next general enrollment period for the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) begins Dec. 1, 2015, and ends on Feb. 26, 2016.
USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) has released to staff its new Organic Farming Handbook describing things they need to know when working with organic producers.
- Urban Growers Series
- Early bird grain crop meetings
- Purdue University Sheep and Goat Health & Production Webinar
- Kentucky Farm Bureau 96th Annual Meeting
- Kentucky State Beekeepers Association fall meeting
- UK First Friday breakfast forum
- Cattlemen's Webinar Series: Transportation, Trade, and Taxes
- Kentucky Fruit and Vegetable Conference
- Kentucky Cattlemen's Association convention
- Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group conference
- UK Equine Showcase and Kentucky Breeders' Short Course
- Organic Association of Kentucky annual conference
Kentucky Farm Fact
- More than 5,000 farmers, processors, retailers, restaurants, school districts, colleges and universities, farmers' markets, Kentucky state parks, and Kentucky Farm Bureau roadside markets are members of Kentucky Proud. Buy Kentucky Proud this season, and give your loved ones a piece of home for the holidays. Go to www.kyproud.com.