Kentucky Ag News
Vol. 9 No. 8 • May 2, 2016
We worked together in a bipartisan fashion to pass legislation that will assist farm communities, agribusinesses, and consumers from all areas of the Commonwealth.
Kentucky Derby revelers are celebrating the most exciting two minutes in sports, and Kentucky Proud is there with farm-fresh local foods and award-winning Kentucky wines.
Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles commented on Kentucky Proud and the Kentucky Derby in his speech to the They’re Off! Luncheon April 22 in Louisville. (video)
The global burley supply/demand balance has improved greatly over the past year, resulting in modest changes in U.S. burley contract volume for 2016 following significant reductions in 2015.
For the fifth quarter in a row, food prices in the Commonwealth have fallen, according to the latest Kentucky Farm Bureau Marketbasket Survey, albeit a very slight decline for the first three months of the year.
Farm Service Agency (FSA) Administrator Val Dolcini and Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) Administrator Elanor Starmer announced changes to the Farm Storage Facility Loan (FSFL) program last month during a local and regional food roundtable in Columbus, Ohio.
- Homebased Processing and Microprocessing Workshops
- Kentucky Equine Networking Association meeting
- Kentucky Grazing School
- Boone County MarketReady Producer Training Program
- HACCP training
- Taste of the Bluegrass 2016
- Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival
- Equine Podiatry Conference
- Growing Ginseng and Appalachian Forest Botanicals for Market workshops
- 2016 Certified Roadside Farm Market Tour