Kentucky Ag News
Vol. 10 No. 12 • June 20, 2017
Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles invites anyone interested in strengthening the bond between agriculture and manufacturing to three forums later this month.
KDA's Hughes talks about forums (audio)
On this month's episode of "Commissioner's Comments," Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles salutes 4-H and FFA, and raises a glass to Kentucky's dairy industry. (video)
Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles presented awards to the winners of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s (KDA’s) 2017 Poster and Essay Contest on Friday at Whitaker Bank Ballpark.
Tony Cowherd, 47, co-owns Cowherd Acres, a third-generation Kentucky Proud dairy farm in Taylor County, with his dad, James, 74.
Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles reminds Kentucky dark tobacco growers and other stakeholders that the deadline for submitting comments on a proposed federal regulation on smokeless tobacco products is July 10.
The Kentucky Animal Control Advisory Board invites county and metro governments in Kentucky to apply for matching grants for spay and neuter activities for 2017.
Kentucky farmers may apply Sivanto Prime under a Section 18 Emergency Exemption to control the sugarcane aphid in sweet sorghum, Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles has announced.
Allen Dossey, owner of Purple Toad Winery near Paducah, was named Winemaker of the Year at the recent Indy International Wine Competition at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.
The American Black Hereford Association (ABHA) board has hired Brian T. Chism as the ABHA's executive director.
MosquitoMate recently celebrated the grand opening of the company’s newly expanded facilities in Lexington.
- Kentucky Junior Livestock Expo - Western Rivers
- LAND forums
- American Black Hereford Association Junior Nationals
- UK Turf Research Field Day
- Multi-Jurisdictional Animal Resource Coordination Exercise
- American Hereford Association Junior National Hereford Expo
- National Industrial Hemp Regulatory Conference
- Kentucky Junior Livestock Expo - West
Kentucky Farm Fact
- Each Kentucky dairy cow provides an average of 2,101 gallons of milk per year. Raise a glass to Kentucky's 630 dairy farms during June Dairy Month! #KyAg365