Kentucky National Dairy Show and Sale returns April 9-11 to Kentucky Exposition Center
For Immediate Release
Monday, March 30, 2015
For more information contact:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The Kentucky National Dairy Show and Sale will return to the Kentucky Exposition Center’s Pavilion for its 53rd edition April 9-11.
“This event gives buyers a chance to purchase from some of the best cow families in the business and provides an opportunity for dairy cattle producers from all over the nation to showcase their herd’s genetics,” Agriculture Commissioner James Comer said.
Total sales last year grossed $453,000 with an average of $2,409 per head, said Ethan Berry, the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s dairy coordinator.
The three-day event is free and open to the public. Five breeds will be shown and sold: Ayrshire/Milking Shorthorn, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, Holstein, and Jersey.
Online bidding is available for all sales except Brown Swiss by logging onto www.jerseyauctionlive.com to register and bid during the sales. “This is the most participation that we have had with it,” Berry said.
The show and sale schedule (all times EDT) is:
- Thursday, April 9: Holstein; show at 10 a.m.; sale at 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 10: Brown Swiss: show at 9 a.m.; sale at 11 a.m.
- • Friday, April 10: Guernsey: show at 11 a.m.; sale at 2 p.m.
- Friday, April 10: Ayrshire/Milking Shorthorn: show at 1 p.m.; sale at 4 p.m.
- Saturday, April 11: Jersey: show at 10 a.m.; sale at noon
The event will include complimentary refreshments and a silent auction. For more information, contact Berry at (502) 782-4134 or email@example.com.