Kentucky Ag News
Vol. 8 No. 18 • September 30, 2015
Industrial hemp will cover tens of thousands of acres and generate thousands of jobs in Kentucky in the near future, Agriculture Commissioner James Comer told hundreds of hemp growers, processors, and enthusiasts at the Hemp Industries Association Conference Sept. 28 in Lexington.
Kroger will add dozens of Kentucky Proud items in its northern Kentucky supermarkets, expanding a partnership of the national chain and Kentucky’s official farm marketing program, officials with Kroger and the Kentucky Department of Agriculture announced Sept. 24.
University of Louisville sports fans and event guests can enjoy Kentucky Proud foods at UofL athletic events as well as concerts and shows at the KFC Yum! Center through the university’s exclusive hospitality provider.
Small livestock producers, deer hunters, and meat lovers in western Kentucky take note: There is a new meat processing facility centrally located between Owensboro, Henderson, and Madisonville.
Kentucky Farm Bureau reminds farm workers to keep their combine engines clear and well-maintained before firing them up and heading out to the field.
This analysis includes estimated returns comparing double-cropped wheat/soybeans with full-season soybeans for the 2016 crop, and the likely implications for Kentucky grain farmers.
Shelby County farmer Jack Trumbo talks about his struggles recovering from a tractor accident - and how it could have been easily prevented. (video)
The University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food and Environment’s Department of Animal and Food Sciences is recognizing two individuals who have been big supporters of Kentucky animal agriculture for decades.
Seedlings will be available for shipping from January through April.
- Bourbon Social
- Kentucky Junior Cattlemen's Association/Kentucky Department of Agriculture Fall Classic
- Kentucky Botanical Symposium
- Eden Shale Farm Open House
- UK Forestry webinar series
- Commercial Blueberry Production in Kentucky workshop
- The Kentucky Experience/National Horse Show
- National FFA Convention
- Kentucky Beef Conference
- North American International Livestock Exposition
- Grow Appalachia High-Tunnel Workshop
Kentucky Farm Fact
- Almost all of the nation's hemp was produced in the Bluegrass region of Kentucky during much of the post-Civil War era.