Grants and Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of our state funding opportunities. You must be a Kentucky Proud member in order to apply. If you are a member please see which cost share program you can apply for, there may be more than one. Not a member yet? Head HERE!
Deceased Farm Animal Removal Program was developed to serve as measure to facilitate the coordination of environmentally sound and cost effective disposal of deceased livestock for Kentucky producers. Through this program County Agricultural Development Councils will have the opportunity to commit a portion of their county's agricultural development funds to an approved program within their county.
A Kentucky Horticulture Council Third Party GAP Audit Cost-Share Grant is available for 2017. Use this link (Word format) or this link (PDF format) to download the grant application and for more information regarding this cost-share grant. The Kentucky Horticulture Council Cost-Share grants are funded through Kentucky Agriculture Development Funds.
Local Agricultural Fair State Aid Program is designed to promote local agricultural fairs through grants of State funds. Local agricultural fairs must meet various requirements of the Department of Agriculture in order to qualify for these grants of State funds.
The Kentucky Proud Promotional Grant matches and reimburses expenses for advertising, marketing and information customers about Kentucky Proud products that directly benefit Kentucky farm families. In order to apply for this grant you must be a Kentucky Proud member and your product must have direct farm impact. Not all Kentucky Proud members are eligible.
Please make sure to fill out the boxes online before you print out the document! On Pages 2 and 5 there are boxes already filled in with an arrow next to them; please click on the arrow and select the correct option from the drop-menu.
New for 2017! If you have received a Kentucky Proud Promotional Grant since 2013, you will need to complete the survey on Page 5 of the application in order for your application to be complete. Please make sure to to click on the fillable boxes and select the answers from the drop-down menus before you print the document!
- There is a lifetime cap of $36,000 for eligible expenses reimbursed through this program.
- If you leave $500.00 or more unused, that amount will be subtracted from your request the next time you apply for a promotional grant.
- If you will not use your grant, or if you need a lower match, you must inform us no later than five (5) months after approval or you will be penalized based on the original amount of your grant if you leave more than $500.00 unused.
Restaurant Rewards is a program that provides assistance to Kentucky restaurants and other food service operations which buy Kentucky grown or raised food and farm products for resale. Restaurant Rewards will provide up to $12,000 in annual assistance to these businesses to help offset the sometimes higher cost of buying locally. If you are interested in Restaurant Rewards, please email this program.
The Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP) was authorized on December 21, 2004, by Section 101 of the Specialty Crops Competitiveness Act of 2004. The Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s division of Value-Added Plant Production administers these grant funds which are based on the state’s value of specialty crop production.
The Marketing Cost-Share Program and the Wholesaler Reimbursement Program are available to every small farm winery in Kentucky. To find out how to be included in this program please call 502-573-0282 option 1 or fill out a form today.
- Deceased Farm Animal Removal Program
- Domestic Trade Show Program
- Horticulture Advertising & Market Development Program
- International Marketing Division
- Kentucky Proud At-Cost Item List
- Kentucky Proud Livestock Tag Program
- Local Agricultural Fair State Aid Program
- Restaurant Rewards Members List
- Specialty Crop Block Grant
- Winery Cost-Share Program & Wholesaler Reimbursement Program
- Kentucky Proud