The Kentucky Department of Agriculture Dairy Program holds many opportunities for youth participants to show their animals across the state. With 6 district dairy shows spread across the Commonwealth, 4H and FFA exhibitors can choose to participate in 4 of the 6 opportunities. Additionally, three Kentucky Junior Livestock expos are held throughout the summer where exhibitors from ALL species compete at the same time. Exhibitors also have the opportunity to participate in showmanship at all shows if they like. One unique opportunity that benefits breeders, exhibitors and producers is the Kentucky National Dairy Show and Sale. Some of the highest quality genetics are available at this annual event for both in state and out of state producers. This provides exhibitors to option to purchase animals to be shown throughout the summer on a local and national level.
Participants and breeders are also eligible to be members of the Kentucky Proud Livestock Tag Program. Any animal born and raised in Kentucky is eligible for this program and any youth exhibiting these animals with a legitimate Kentucky Proud tag will receive additional premiums and be in contingent for Kentucky Proud winnings at the Kentucky State Fair. Exhibitors also accumulate points throughout the show season in competition and the results are presented at a Points Banquet at the conclusion of the season.
- Dairy District Rules, Regulations, and Shows
- County Fair Dairy Shows (pdf)
- KDA Shows and Events Calendar (pdf)
- 2015 Kentucky National Dairy Shows and Sales
- District Dairy Show Nomination Form (pdf)
- Certificate of Identification for Grade Animals (pdf)
- PDCA Showmanship Scorecard (pdf)
- Dairy U Show Clinic (pdf)
- Dairy U Registration Form (pdf)