KDA Mobile Science Activity Center
What is The Activity Center?
- A 44-foot long trailer with 10 iPad interactive workstations for a classroom of students to conduct activities and investigations related to agriculture and the environment.
- All materials and supplies to conduct the activities are provided. Examples of activities are making Biodegradable Corn Plastic, Ice Cream in a Bag, Gluep, and Soy Lip Balm. These activities make the connection between the agricultural source to commonly used products.
- All activities align with Scientific Inquiry in Kentucky's Education Standards. The target grade levels are 4th and 5th grades. However, activities are available for other grade levels.
- Participating teachers must complete a pre-visit packet prior to each visit.
- Cost is $200 per day for a maximum of three days per school.