KDA Mobile Science Activity Center
What is The Activity Center?
- A 42-foot long trailer with 10 workstations for a classroom of students to conduct activities and investigations related to agriculture and the environment.
- All materials and supplies to conduct the activities are provided. Examples of activities are making Biodegradable Corn Plastic, Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Bag, Germinating and Growing Seeds, Crop Seed Identification, Ice Cream in a Bag, It Does What?--Gluep, Soy Lip Balm, and Soy Hand Lotion. These activities make the connection between the agricultural source to commonly used products.
- All activities align with Scientific Inquiry in Kentucky's Education Standards. The target grade levels are 4th and 5th grades. However, activities will be available on a limited basis for other grade levels.
- Participating teachers must complete an orientation prior to school visit.
- Cost is $100 per day for a maximum of three days per school.