The Kentucky Department of Agriculture is accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture National Organic Program as a Certifying Agent for the scopes of Crops, Wild Crops, Livestock, and Handling Operations.
KDA currently certifies only entities located within the state of Kentucky.
KDA recognizes the following material review organizations:
Pensylvania Certified Organic(List available to clients on request)
Operations certified by KDA may utilize inputs or products which are approved by the above listed material review organizations in accordance with any restrictions required by the regulations. Products not appearing on any of these lists should be reviewed by KDA prior to use, please use the Input Review Request Form(click "Organic" under forms to the right).
Regulations and Resources:
USDA organic regulations: 7 CFR Section 205 includes all USDA organic standards, including prohibited practices, requirements, and the National List of Allowed and Prohibited Materials.
National Organic Program Handbook: This compilation of guidance documents, policy memos, and instructions is intended to clarify policies and assist those who own, manage, or certify organic operations with complying with NOP regulations.
- National Organic Program Handbook
- USDA National Organic Program
- Organic Association of Kentucky
- ATTRA - National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service
- USDA List of Certified Operations Database
- Organic Materials Review Institute
- Washington State Dept. Of Ag Organic Program Materials List
- California Department of Food and Agriculture Registered Organic Input Materials