Cervid (White-tailed Deer, Elk, Reindeer, Fallow Deer)
- As of May 1st, Kentucky is accepting Indiana ONLY under special requirements. Please see below and call the office at 502-782-5901 for more information. In order to enter the state from Indiana, you will need the following:
- 1. A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection, written within 30 days, and completed by an accredited veterinarian shall be faxed (502-573-1020 attn: Jason) to Office of State Veterinarian (OSV) from each herd in which an animal is being imported from with a complete list of the animals intended for movement. All official tag numbers and farm ID tag numbers shall be listed for each animal TB and Brucellosis test dates (either individual or whole herd) shall be listed Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) Program start date shall be listed
- 2. CVI's will be reviewed by OSV and if satisfactory an import permit number will be issued. The accredited veterinarian or his office will be notified of that permit and it shall be recorded on the original CVI.
- 3. A USDA Form 127 shall be written by an accredited veterinarian or animal health official and accompany the animals during the traveling process. If animals from multiple herd owners are being transferred to a central loading facility prior to import, all herd owners shall have a CVI written for their animals. One USDA Form 127 may be written for all animals that are on that load. The CVI's and Form 127 shall accompany the load of animals during the travel process.
- 4. All captive cervids imported into Kentucky shall do so on a sealed trailer and can only be opened by a Kentucky Department of Agriculture (KDA) or USDA animal health official.
- 5. For further clarification or policies regarding import please call OSV at 502-782-5901.
*Service animals are exempt from CVI requirement, but must have a vaccination record.