ALL IMPORTS (EXCEPT AS INDICATED BELOW WITH KENTUCKY DEALERS AND RACETRACKS)
• Negative EIA (Coggins) test completed within 12 months
• Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued by an accredited veterinarian within 30 days prior to entry including temperatures, tests and all applicable information
• Must not originate from a quarantined premises
FOR EQUINE PURCHASED BY A LICENSED KENTUCKY DEALER AT AN OUT-OF-STATE HORSE SALE
• Import Permit shall be obtained from our office during business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm) by calling 502-782-5901.
• Be accompanied by VS Form 10-11 or EIA test form verifying a negative equine infectious anemia (EIA) test within the last 12 months or shall be tested for EIA within two (2) weeks of entry.
• Move directly to an approved Kentucky horse sale.
• Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued within 72 hours of entry
• Negative EIA (Coggins) test within 12 months
• EHV-1 vaccination – minimum of 14 days and no more than 180 days prior to entry. Vaccination must be administered by a licensed veterinarian and date of vaccination and vaccine used must be recorded on CVI.