Kentucky Ag News
Vol. 9 No. 23 • December 16, 2016
New medicated feed rule takes effect Jan. 1
State Veterinarian Robert C. Stout reminds Kentucky livestock producers that, beginning January 1, certain medications in animal feed may be administered only under the supervision of a veterinarian.
McCauley named KDA ag policy director
John W. McCauley of Lexington has been named the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s (KDA’s) new director of agriculture policy, Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles has announced.
From Shelbyville to Frankfort in 8 years
It’s taken eight years, but the hard work has finally paid off at Shelby Christmas Tree Farm & Nursery.
Former KDA intern to address UK event
Mary Elizabeth Wood is looking forward to addressing her fellow graduates and an audience of thousands in Rupp Arena as the student commencement speaker.
Winter wheat county estimates published
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) released the first of its county estimates Thursday from the 2016 production year.
Morehead addressing veterinarian shortage
Amy Staton, assistant professor in the veterinary technician program at Morehead State University, talks about how vet techs can serve as a part of the solution to the large animal vet shortage. (audio)
Instructor shows the face of science
It is with his passion and enthusiasm that University of Instructor Lou Hirsch hopes to show students the human side of science and make it something that is very real to them and perhaps a potential career.
Use precaution when handling live poultry
Over the past few years, outbreaks of Salmonella infections associated with live poultry in backyard flocks have become more common in Kentucky and around the United States.
USDA announces fair practices rules
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA) announced updated regulations to protect the rights of farmers.
- UK Winter Wheat Meeting
- Kentucky Fruit and Vegetable Conference
- Kentucky Commodity Conference
- Kentucky Cattlemen's Association convention
- Kentucky Nursery & Landscape Association Spring Training & Showcase
- Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group annual conference
- UK Equine Showcase and Kentucky Breeders' Short Course
- National Farm Machinery Show
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Beef Expo
- UK Tall Fescue Renovation Workshop
Kentucky Farm Fact
- Make this a Kentucky Proud holiday! Look for Kentucky Proud products and retailers at kyproud.com.