KDA Summer Internship Program 2022
We are pleased to announce the Kentucky Department of Agriculture internship program for Summer 2022.
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture summer internship program strives to provide opportunities for students to gain first-hand experience, knowledge, and understanding of the governmental process through pre-professional work in various occupational fields. KDA offers students studying majors both directly and indirectly relating to agriculture. Desired career paths include many different areas but are not limited to, Agriculture, Education, Computer Science, Marketing, Public Relations, and Pre-Law. Our internships offer an opportunity for individuals who seek a challenging and rewarding experience. This internship opportunity gives students insight into considering a future career within the Ag industry and with KDA.
Some travel may be expected during the internship and the hours worked will be dependent on the immediate supervisor and internship coordinators.
- Currently enrolled at a college or university, or vocational-technical program. This includes students in undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation to their internship.
- Must be familiar with using Microsoft and Windows operating systems.
*Please Note: Preference will be given to students who are residents of Kentucky.
Depending on the needs of the Department, multiple internships may be available in the below areas within KDA. Use the chart below to identify the appropriate acronym for each area of interest for you.
- Kentucky Proud - KYP
- Public Relations - PR
- Agricultural Education - AE
- Farm Safety - FS
- Office of the State Veterinarian - OSV
- IT - Hardware support and software development - IT
- Industrial Hemp - IH
- Legal - LGL
- Shows and Fairs - SAF
- Regulation and Inspection - RI
- Food Distribution - FD
How to apply for a KDA summer internship:
In order to be considered for an internship position, you must:
1) Fill out the application on the KDA internship website (located in right column under Forms & Documents)
2) Provide a resume, cover letter and 3 references.
3) Email or mail your applications to the below contact. Information must be postmarked by above deadline.
Kentucky Department of Agriculture
c/o Mark White
107 Corporate Drive
Frankfort, KY 40601
Information Due: December 13, 2021
For questions regarding the internship program, please contact Mark White, at email@example.com at 502-782-0291.