Kentucky Ag News
Vol. 9 No. 9 • May 17, 2016
Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles joined other state officials and science experts to announce a partnership of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture and the Kentucky Department for Public Health to prevent the spread of Zika virus in Kentucky.
May is Beef Month, and this is an opportunity for us to educate our non-farming friends and neighbors about beef’s benefits to Kentucky’s economy and its role in a healthy diet.
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture is accepting applications from community organizations interested in hosting Kentucky Proud dinners now through fall of 2016.
“The reorganization of the State Fair board, through Senate Bill 191, assures world-class agricultural events, such as the National Farm Machinery Show, the North American International Livestock Exposition, and the Kentucky State Fair, will continue for years to come.”
Franklin County FFA students recently celebrated Take Your Tractor to School Day and said hello to Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles. (video)
After participating in the community open house April 11 at Chef Space, Louisville’s first kitchen incubator in the Russell neighborhood, Ben Shaffar came away impressed with the new Kentucky Proud member.
Tim Coomer, 56, of Hiseville began working on behalf of USDA National Agriculture Statistics Service (NASS) as an enumerator eight years ago, a job most outside of farming may have never heard about.
- Homebased Processing and Microprocessing Workshops
- Kentucky Equine Networking Association meeting
- Kentucky Grazing School
- Boone County MarketReady Producer Training Program
- HACCP training
- Taste of the Bluegrass 2016
- Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival
- Equine Podiatry Conference
- Growing Ginseng and Appalachian Forest Botanicals for Market workshops
- Kentucky FFA Convention
- Kentucky Junior Livestock Expo - East
- Kentucky 4-H Teen Conference
- MarketReady Meet the Buyer Forum
- Eden Shale Farm Forage Field Day
- KJCA Leadership Camp
- Kentucky 4-H Livestock Judging Contest
- Kentucky Junior Livestock Expo - Western Rivers
- 2016 Certified Roadside Farm Market Tour
- Woodland Owners Short Course
- Kentucky Junior Livestock Expo - West
- KJCA Beef Scholars skillathon