Kentucky Ag News
Vol. 6 No. 1 • Jan. 2, 2013
Agriculture Commissioner James Comer invites Kentucky students to show in words and pictures how “Agriculture Grows My Community” in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s annual Poster and Essay Contest.
As I write this piece, I have been in office almost a year. In that year, we have had some really good days at the Kentucky Department of Agriculture. But I know we cannot take them for granted.
Kentucky’s Cabinet for Economic Development is now accepting applications from Kentucky small businesses for grant money made available through the State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP).
Just in time for the holidays, approximately 50 members of the Kentucky National Guard’s Agribusiness Development Team 4 were honored during a welcome home ceremony at the Capital City Airport in Frankfort.
Under the final rule, unless specifically exempted, livestock moved interstate would have to be officially identified and accompanied by an interstate certificate of veterinary inspection or other documentation, such as owner-shipper statements or brand certificates.
- 2013 Fruit and Vegetable Conference
- Kentucky Cattlemen's Association convention
- Burley Tobacco Growers Cooperative Tobacco Expo and Annual Meeting
- UK organic corn production workshop
- Eastern Kentucky Food Systems Collaborative Gathering
- Kentucky Pork Producers Association conference
- Kentucky Commodity Conference
- UK Equine Showcase and 4th Annual Kentucky Breeders Short Course
- University of Kentucky Vegetable Crops Academy
- Kentucky Landscape Industries Winter Conference and Expo
- 2013 Ag Expo
- Kentucky Round-Up
- Water Management for Restoration Agriculture
- National Farm Machinery Show
- Aquaculture Basics
- Kentucky Alfalfa Conference
- Kentucky Dairy Partners annual meeting
- Mid-South Stocker Conference
- Aquaculture Production Systems
- Kentucky Agriculture Day Celebration
- NIAA Conference
Kentucky Farm Fact
- Kentucky farm cash receipts totaled a record $5.3 billion in 2012.