Kentucky Ag News
Vol. 10 No. 10 • May 16, 2017
The new Breathitt Veterinary Center uses state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to provide vital services for Kentucky’s livestock and poultry producers, Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles said May 11.
May is a month of celebrations. What better way to honor these special events than by celebrating National Beef Month at the same time?
A study by the University of Kentucky shows that agriculture and the businesses that support it are responsible for one out of three jobs and $565 million in annual revenue in Woodford County.
Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles commended the EPA for delaying implementation of a rule that would impose new rules on states for licensing and testing applicators of restricted-use pesticides.
This conference brought together healthcare professionals, environmental specialists, state and local community leaders, emergency managers, school officials and numerous service organizations from across the state.
Four Kentucky Department of Agriculture (KDA) employees have been promoted to management positions in the KDA’s marketing office, Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles has announced.
In one of her college classes, Maggie Keith developed a business plan for raising grass-fed beef in Kentucky that would be the blueprint for the Kentucky Proud beef business at 1,300-acre Foxhollow Farm.
The KDA's Alisha Morris says the Farm to Fork Program can help local communities with cost share funds to utilize locally grown foods to put on charitable events. (audio)
A tour will include a local farm where producers participating in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s Industrial Hemp Research Pilot Program will do a field-scale harvest of hemp for grain.
Bale grazing is a relatively new concept to Kentucky, but one that is becoming more intriguing to farmers as they look for ways to be better stewards of the environment.
- MarketReady producer training
- Beekeepers schools
- Kentucky Equine Networking Association dinner
- MarketReady Meet the Buyer Forum
- Kentucky Angus Association Field Day
- Precision Dairy Farming Conference
- UK Robinson Forest Field Day
- Teen forest leadership program
- Kentucky State FFA Convention
- UK Equine Farm and Facilities Expo
- Kentucky 4-H Teen Conference
- Kentucky Junior Livestock Expo - East
- Kentucky Junior Livestock Expo - Western Rivers
- Multi-Jurisdictional Animal Resource Coordination Exercise
- National Industrial Hemp Regulatory Conference
- Kentucky Junior Livestock Expo - West
Kentucky Farm Fact
- Kentucky is the leading beef cattle state east of the Mississippi River with more than 1 million beef cows as of Jan. 1. Celebrate Kentucky's beef cattle industry during Beef Month in May. #KyAg365