Commissioner Quarles makes appointments to Kentucky boards
Boards focus on grants, loans for farming diversity, growth
FRANKFORT (Sept. 7, 2023) – Commissioner of Agriculture Dr. Ryan Quarles has recently made appointments to the Kentucky Agricultural Development Board (KADB) and the Kentucky Agricultural Finance Corporation (KAFC).
Kentucky Agricultural Finance Corporation
- -- Dan Flanagan, Campbellsville, was reappointed to the board. Flanagan is a farmer and will represent tobacco farmers.His new term expires June 26, 2027.
- -- Lori Noel, Kirksey, was appointed to the board. Noel is a bank executive vice president/chief lending officer and will represent commercial lender officers. Her term expires Aug. 14, 2027.
KAFC addresses the unique financing needs of agriculture in the commonwealth. Its mission is to strengthen Kentucky agriculture by providing access to low-interest loan programs through joint partnerships with local lending institutions. KAFC assists beginning farmers, farm families, and agribusinesses obtain the necessary capital to establish, maintain, or expand their agricultural operation.
Kentucky Agricultural Development Board
- -- Matt Hinton, Flemingsburg, was reappointed. Hinton is an agribusiness owner and will represent the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce. His new term expires July 6, 2027.
- -- Dr. Gordon Jones, Bowling Green, was reappointed. Jones is a farmer and will represent active farmers. His new term expires July 6, 2027.
- -- Al Pedigo, Scottsville, was reappointed. Pedigo is a farmer and will represent active farmers. His new term expires July 6, 2027.
The Kentucky Agricultural Development Board provide grants and incentives to help farmers and agribusinesses innovate and grow.