The Kentucky Department of Agriculture is accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture National Organic Program as a Certifying Agent for the scopes of Crops, Wild Crops, Livestock, and Handling Operations.
KDA currently certifies only entities located within the state of Kentucky.
To begin the organic certification process, please review the “Forms & Documents” list on the right hand side of the page. Start with the “Organic Application” then complete the appropriate Organic System Plan (OSP); “Crop/Farm”...
KDA recognizes the following material review organizations:
- Organic Material Review Institute(OMRI)
- Washington State Department of Agriculture
- Pennsylvania Certified Organic (List available to clients on request)
Operations certified by KDA may utilize inputs or products which are approved by the above listed material review organizations in accordance with any restrictions required by the regulations. Products not appearing on any of these lists should be reviewed by KDA prior to use, please use the Input Review Request Form located under Forms & Documents in the right column.
USDA Organic Updates
Please see links below regarding the latest updates posted by USDA:
- Ion Exchange
- Shilajit Update
- Shitake Mushroom Extension
- Shitake Mushroom Update
- 10/23/19 Final Rule Change and Updates Letter to Producers
- Organic Survey
- National List Additions for Livestock and Handling - Effective July 26, 2021