What is the Mobile Science Activity Center (MSAC)?
- The MSAC trailers consist of two 44-foot long trailers with 10 iPad interactive workstations and one 36-foot trailer with 9 iPad interactive workstations for students to conduct activities and investigations related to agriculture and the environment.
- All materials and supplies to conduct the activities are provided except for Ice Cream in a Bag where the school provides the milk and ice.
- Examples of activities include: Biodegradable Corn Plastic, Ice Cream in a Bag, Gluep, and Soy Lip Balm. These activities make the connection between the agricultural source to commonly used products.
- All activities align with Scientific Inquiry in Kentucky's Education Standards.
- Target grade levels are 4th and 5th grade. However, activities are available for grades K-8.
- The school contact must complete and return a pre-visit packet 3 weeks prior to each visit. This packet will be provided by the MSAC Coordinator.
- Cost is $200 per day or $500 for 3 days maximum per school location.
In order to book the MSAC you will need to contact the appropriate coordinator for your area via email. A map of the Mobile Science Activity Center coordinators is also listed in the right column under Forms & Documents.
- Jason Hodge – Western KY – email@example.com
- Brandy Graves – Central/Northern KY – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Coffman – Eastern KY - email@example.com