Kentucky Proud Connection
Vol. 4 No. 4 • April 14, 2014
The Berea College Farm Store will celebrate its official grand opening alongside the spring kickoff of the outdoor Berea Farmers’ Market on May 3 on the lawn next to the store at 311 N. Main St.
The Chop Shop is the largest U.S. Department of Agriculture-inspected processor in eastern Kentucky and the newest USDA-inspected facility in the state.
Kentucky Proud and the Kentucky Derby Festival once again have teamed up to celebrate the greatest two minutes in sports and fresh, delicious foods raised or produced in Kentucky by Kentuckians.
Agriculture Commissioner James Comer encourages eligible Kentucky entities to apply for funding from the Specialty Crop Block Grant Program. “This sector of Kentucky agriculture has enormous potential for growth,” Commissioner Comer said.
On Kentucky Farm Bureau's "Across Kentucky" podcast, host Mike Feldhaus talked to LaRue County farmer Jeremy Hinton about the benefits of the Kentucky Farm Bureau Certified Roadside Farm Market program. (audio)
Broadbent B & B Foods of Kuttawa, Ky., walked away with a national champion award in the unsmoked category at the National Country Ham Association annual convention in Paducah.
- Homebased processing and microprocessing workshops
- Kentucky Artisan Center review (application deadline April 30)
Kentucky Proud Opportunities
- Morehead State University Blue and Gold Steer and Heifer Show
- Kentucky Nut Growers Association spring meeting
- Kentucky Food Policy Summit
- UK Ag Equine Programs Distinguished Industry Lecture Series
- KCARD Farm Energy Efficiency webinar
- Organic Association of Kentucky Field Day
- West Region Grazing Field Day
- UK Wheat Field Day
- UK fumigation workshop
- Alltech 30th Annual Symposium
- Kentucky 4-H Homecoming