Kentucky Proud Connection
Vol. 4 No. 10 • October 10, 2014
The Kentucky Proud Incredible Food Show on Oct. 11 will feature a stellar line-up of culinary seminars, cooking demonstrations and workshops as well as Food Network host Ree Drummond.
In creating Spotz Gelato, Philip Enlow and Beth Richardson combined their love of gelato and their passion for local foods.
Murray State University’s entry into the Kentucky Proud Farm to Campus Program is a milestone in the rich agricultural heritage of the Purchase region, Agriculture Commissioner James Comer said in a ceremony Tuesday on the MSU campus.
Agriculture Commissioner James Comer challenged Kentucky schools to provide fresh local foods to their students on Farm Fresh Fridays, a program that will launch in conjunction with Farm to School Month in October.
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture was awarded a Specialty Crop Block Grant for $302,620.11 from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to work with the University of Kentucky and other organizations and commodity groups to strengthen markets for specialty crops in Kentucky.
Kentucky beekeepers are still getting their yield numbers into the state agriculture department, but state apiarist Tammy Horn feels like this had been a fairly positive season for honey production. (audio)
During the 2015 season, KFB proudly celebrates its 20th year of offering the Certified Roadside Farm Market program.
Ed Puterbaugh of Lexington, who lays claim to the status of Kentucky’s senior craft cheese maker, operates Boone Creek Creamery with five employees.
Larry E. King was raised in a family with farming roots. The very land he now farms in McCreary County, Kentucky was purchased by his mother during World War II. He remembers his mother telling him, “If we didn’t raise it, we didn’t have it.”
- Artisan/Farmstead Cheesemaker Food Safety Workshop
Kentucky Proud Opportunities
- Bourbon Social
- Kentucky Proud Incredible Food Show
- Healthy Foods, Local Farms Conference
- CFA Farmers' Market Gathering
- American Farmland Trust Farmland, Food and Livable Communities Conference
- Kentucky Grazing Conference
- Food Entrepreneurship for Economic Development Conference
- Sheep and Goat Producer Conference
- Kentucky Women in Agriculture Conference
- Kentucky State Beekeepers Association fall meeting
- North American International Livestock Exposition
- Kentucky Small, Limited Resource, Minority Farmers Conference