ALL IMPORTS (EXCEPT AS INDICATED BELOW WITH KENTUCKY DEALERS AND RACETRACKS)
• Negative EIA (Coggins) test completed within 12 months
• Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued by an accredited veterinarian within 30 days prior to entry including temperatures, tests and all applicable information
• Must not originate from a quarantined premises
FOR EQUINE PURCHASED BY A LICENSED KENTUCKY DEALER AT AN OUT-OF-STATE HORSE SALE
• Import Permit shall be obtained from our office during business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm) by calling 502-782-5901.
• Be accompanied by VS Form 10-11 or EIA test form verifying a negative equine infectious anemia (EIA) test within the last 12 months or shall be tested for EIA within two (2) weeks of entry.
• Move directly to an approved Kentucky horse sale.
RACETRACK (Please check with the tracks prior to shipping as requirements are adjusted as needed and may not be immediately posted on this web page.)
• Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued within 72 hours of entry
• Negative EIA (Coggins) test within 12 months
• EHV-1 vaccination – minimum of 14 days and no more than 120 days prior to entry. Proof of vaccination (includes vaccine used/date) should be recorded on the CVI.