Domestic Trade Shows Program
One avenue through which the Kentucky Department of Agriculture promotes Kentucky food companies and their products is through the participation in approved tradeshows both in and out of Kentucky. The Kentucky Department of Agriculture subsidizes a portion of each participant's booth space to assist small to midsize Kentucky companies in the marketing of their products.
Domestic Trade Show Guidelines
Each participating company must be a member of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture's Kentucky Proud Program. The Kentucky Proud Program identifies agricultural products that are grown, raised or processed in the Commonwealth. Companies are eligible to purchase space and request that funds be reimbursed for a portion of booth expenses. Reimbursement is contingent upon space and availability. Companies must meet eligibility requirements and products must be agricultural products that meet the guidlines of the Kentucky Proud Program. Participants are required to have a company representative in attendance to market their products. Each company must follow all show guidelines, fulfill all show requirements, and represent the Kentucky Proud Program with the utmost respect.
Prior to participating at a domestic trade show or event, companies must review the Rules and Requirements and must complete and submit the Agreement to Abide by Program Rules and Requirements, which can be found here. After the show or event, companies must complete and submit all parts of the Reimbursement Packet, which can be found here.
Approved Domestic Trade Shows
The following trade shows have been approved by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture's Kentucky Proud Program. Kentucky Proud members may be eligible for reimbursement for some booth fees at these shows. The reimbursement amount will differ for each show and will be based on a sliding scale fee structure. Please note that ALL reimbursements are given to vendors AFTER participation at the trade shows and AFTER all required documentation has been completed and submitted to the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
- Kentucky Proud
- Buy KY Products
Buy KY Products
- Kentucky Office of the State Entomologist
- Kentucky Office of the State Veterinarian
- Kentucky Division of Forestry
- University of Kentucky, Division of Regulatory Services
- Southern United States Trade Association (SUSTA)
- American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC)
- Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC)
Additional LinksCommonwealth of Kentucky
United States Department of Agriculture
- USDA Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS)
- USDA Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS)
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
United States Department of the Treasury
- Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and
Trade Bureau (TTB)
- U.S. Government Export Portal
- Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- U.S. International Trade Administration
- United States Small Business Administration
- United States Department of Commerce
- Export-Import Bank of the United States