The demand for affordable, fresh, local and healthy foods is growing. With more than 159 successful farmers’ markets across the Commonwealth, spanning over 106 counties and 2,500 vendors, farmers’ markets and direct-to-consumer marketing are great ways to meet that demand.
It’s simple for the consumer to find the products their looking for and buying local puts a face on your food with a connection between the consumer and farmer. Every action we take in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture is aimed at helping farmers, farmers’ markets and agribusinesses in Kentucky.
You are important to us, and that’s why we work so diligently to serve you.
Kentucky grown keeps Kentucky growing!
- Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP)
- Weekly Price Reports from Kentucky Farmers' Markets
- Weekly Price Reports from Area Produce Auctions
- Horticulture Advertising & Market Development Grants
- KY Farm Bureau Certified Roadside Markets
- KY Farmers' Market Association , Inc.
- 2013 Kentucky Fruit and Vegetable Conference