Farmers' markets are becoming big business in Kentucky. The Commonwealth has 147 farmers' markets and well in excess of 2,500 vendors. Large markets in Lexington, Louisville, and northern Kentucky offer a vast array of local foods and a carnival-like atmosphere. At the same time, dynamic markets led by dedicated local producers are springing up in rural areas all over the Bluegrass State. More than ever, Kentuckians want to buy local food for their families, and they appreciate the experience of buying it directly from the people who grew or made it. Sampling at Farmers' Markets.
- Farmers' Market Directory
- Farmers' Market Manual
- Best Practices for Sampling at Farmers' Markets: A Practical Guide for Farmers' Market Vendors
- Kentucky Proud
- Kentucky Proud Produce Availability Guide
- Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP)
- Weekly Price Reports from Kentucky Farmers' Markets
- Weekly Price Reports from Area Produce Auctions
- Horticulture Advertising & Market Development Grants
- KY Farm Bureau Certified Roadside Markets
- KY Farmers' Market Association , Inc.
- 2013 Kentucky Fruit and Vegetable Conference